Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Locks of Love

I haven't been very blog worthy of late, just a lot of swimming and swimming going on at our place, between work and the hot hot temperatures.  It has been a great year to have a pool! 



Abigail has tried for the last three hair trims to have her hair cut to donate.  When we brought her home, she had had her hair cut VERY short by the orphanage, I'm certain in an effort to control pests.  So, we have let her hair grow ever since, only trimming bangs and two nice end trims, to get rid of split ends.  As I said it's been VERY hot here and I think that contributed to her desire for a cut.  I should also point out that she likes her sisters hair, which is amusing since Olivia dreams to have loooonnnggg hair like Ab one day.  Anyway, she decided it was time.  I got home from work and asked her if it was still time, to which she replied yes!

We headed over to Best Cuts, where we have gone before and the nicest gal was there to take care of us.  She separated Ab's hair into five sections, asked her one more time if she was sure (yes!) and off it came.  She had about 11" of donatable hair as we had about 3 taken off a month ago.  She looks adorable with a little bob and I am so proud of her!  It was very difficult for me to watch, I teared up at one point, but I'm pleased with the outcome, all around.  Baba is out of town, so I texted him a pic, to prepare his heart...and I'm glad I did. 








 Isn't she lovely!

No comments:

Post a Comment