Tuesday, November 30, 2010

It Hurts So Good

When we decided to enter this crazy world of adoption again, it wasn't a well thought out plan.  It was a "we saw a picture and fell in love"" kind of thing...well I fell in love, Bern fell in shock.  Someone {Cheri} had advocated for a little girl, age 7, who tugged at my heart strings.  After having her file reviewed and praying about it, we decided to move forward.  Through a series of other events going on at the very same time, parallel universes we'll call them, someone else was having the file reviewed and locked it before we could.  I was sad and a little heartbroken, not for this little girl, but more selfishly, for me.  I got over it, picked myself up and moved on to the child God really intended for us to have, Zi Jing.

The coolest thing about this story is, through a mutual bloggy friend, I got to know the woman who would become mommy to this little 7 year old girl.  There are no ill feelings.  So, reading her blog, I am happy to report that this little girl finally has her forever family TODAY and she is so very "right" where she is.

Bittersweet....a  little; happy for them.....you have no idea. 

Congratulations Ma Pei and your forever family!

2 comments:

Cheri said...

I thought of you all day yesterday when I read Ma Pei's mamma's blog. But, I love God's ways, even when they hurt. Through it all, we can see His love for us, and He knows our paths way before we do. I love the adoption stories of God "showing us one to lead us to another". I've seen it happen time and again, myself being one of them.

I'm glad all is working out, and I LOVE your new blog.

Mike and Barb said...

Oh, Wendy, I just now saw this post. I know this must have been a bittersweet day for you. I have been there. I feel for you.
Thank you for your big heart, and I can't wait to see your daughter come HOME.
Hugs, Barb

Post a Comment