Sunday, November 13, 2011

Keep Trying - Thankful for My Buddy Zeus


 I really am thankful for so much in my life; guess I just have problems putting thoughts to "paper and pen".

Today as I look at my big guy laying curled up in a ball (its a big ball), I am thankful for the last eleven years I've had him in my life.  Hopeful for another eleven...

Zeus has been with us through a lot of change and he's been a trooper.  We've moved him, we've brought two more kids into his life that have poked, prodded and pulled...he hasn't cared a bit.  As long as he can be with us, and get the occasional "cookie", he's happy!

I watch him age and its hard.  The things he used to do, swim and boat with us, run after the quadrunner in the snow while Bern pulled the kids...for HOURS, run off and explore with our other dog; how I long for him to be able to do those things, but his tired old legs just don't let him.  Now he sits and watches as these things go around him, and he's still happy. 

When I say my prayers at bedtime, I ask the Lord to give me just one more day with my guy.  Everyone should have a Zeusy in their lives at some point, I'd just like to keep mine forever.

1 comment:

Cheri said...

He is a beauty! I feel that way about Millie...she is 13 and starting to show it.

Post a Comment