Saturday, June 19, 2010

As life goes on

So when Meg from CAWLI emailed me that she had a file of a then six year old girl and asked if we wanted to look at it, we agreed, somewhat reluctantly. She was so tiny and her medicals were at least a year old. We put her in the back of our minds while the agency tried to get an update on her. Sometimes getting an update is difficult, so we went on with our lives and figured if we didn’t hear anything that this wasn’t God’s plan.

Well, lo and behold, about a month later, in my Inbox were the sweetest, happiest looking pictures of an adorable little girl. My first reaction was, thank you God for the sign update and then, oh boy, hang on, here we go again. See, our first adoption with Abigail was something God had placed on Bern’s heart and I needed to be gently persuaded. This time, it was squarely on me and Bern was trusting that this was God’s plan for our lives. So, when I asked him what he wanted to do, he pretty much left it up to me. Wow. Never do THAT!

So, as you’ve figured out, we locked her file. The process this time is a bit different and lengthier than five years ago, and my patience as I grow older are thinner …my hope is to travel to bring ZiJing home in February or March, but we really don’t know when…ugh.  Hubby says he's going to write the next post, stay tuned...

1 comment:

Ginny said...

That is so exciting. Congratulations and prayers for a speedy process

Post a Comment