Thursday, June 17, 2010

Once Upon A Time

Isn’t that how all great stories start? This blog is being created to document our family's life, past and present, but most of all to tell about the future and how we came to have two daughters…well, okay, one for now. We already had two wonderful sons, Jack who is 17 and Zachary who is 15. The rest, as they say, is history…

If you would have told me in early 2005 I would have a five year old daughter from China, I would have said “you are crazy”. If you would have told my husband five months ago we would have a second daughter from China on the way, he would have said “you're crazy”; but that is exactly where we are today.

Abigail XinRu, our five year old gift from God, has blossomed into a beautiful young lady and a wonderful daughter, and with two older brothers (15 & 17), she was ready for a sister, she just didn't really know it yet. 

Her story with us began this way: Abigail was 26 months old when we brought her home from Nanjing, in the Jiangsu province of P.R. China in early 2007. We were LID 3-8-06 and had filled out a medical conditions checklist in May of 2006. On Valentines Day of 2007, my husband Bernie was working from home and received a call from our agency stating they had a 23 month old girl with an ear issue and asked if we would like to view her file. Hellooooo!  Three months later, she joined our family. Abby is such a blessing to our family, in ways we see every day and in ways we are surely yet to see.

This brings me to today. After another bloggy friend was advocating for her daughter's friend, I felt God's call to adopt again. Things didn’t work out with that child for us, but God is good and soon she will be home with her new family. Bernie and I wrestled with whether or not to move forward with preparing another dossier, have the agency “look” for another daughter or close the book on this idea once and for all.

After all, we weren’t going to adopt again.ever.

3 comments:

Melinda said...

Yeah! I am so happy to be the first to follow your new blog! I was wondering just yesterday where you were in the process and if you you were going to set up a blog.

I love hearing how this newest journey began. I am so excited for you! Remember that saying, "Want to make God laugh, tell Him your plans."

Cheri said...

What a sweet post! And welcome to bloggy world. I'm glad you started one and I am so looking forward to following your journey to your daughter, and seeing the rest of your family.

Do you have a name picked out? When do you expect to be DTC?

Mike and Barb said...

Wow, am I really the first one to comment on your new blog?
It sounds like you progress nicely on your dossier!! Wohoo!
I'll be back!
Barb

Post a Comment