Monday, June 28, 2010

Epic Fail...



as my boys would say...

Abigail attended Vacation Bible School last week at a local church and their final program was scheduled for Sunday afternoon.  The hubby and I had decided that we really had so much to do that if she didn't bring it up, we wouldn't either.  We got some major yard work completed and even made time to take Abigail and Z fishing at the neighbors.

We all had fun and time stood still for bit. 


So, around 7pm, well beyond the time for the "party", my sweetheart realized she missed it.  The tears came fast and furious...hers AND mine.  She was crushed and I have never, EVER felt so guilty.  How selfish of me to think she wouldn't mind missing it, or she'd forget about it...sigh* 
After a trip to the local ice cream joint, things were better...not fixed... but forgiven.  Thank goodness she has a very big heart. 




Lesson Learned.

No comments:

Post a Comment