Friday, July 9, 2010

Time Away

As we slog along through this arduous process called adoption, we are taking a much needed, yet bittersweet, break and heading to the beach. 

Mind you, I haven't been to the beach since I was pregnant with my oldest son, Jack.  I think that's why this vacation is a little bittersweet for me, you see, he isn't going. 


He just recently graduated from high school and has his first job.  He took some time off to go to the Alive festival (check it out at Alive.org) and didn't feel right about asking for more time.  I guess that's called work ethic and I am proud of him...but something will be missing on this trip.... 

1 comment:

Cheri said...

I know what you mean. We just got back tonight after being gone 10 days without my eldest. She could not take off that much work either, and she needs to pay some bills. It was disappointing, inevitable, but now it is so good to be home!

Enjoy yourself.

Post a Comment