Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Frankly, I'm Fried

Well, I haven't had the energy to post lately, this waiting thing has got me down.  It's funny, I follow a few blogs myself and just this week, two of them had lengthy posts on waiting and God's timing.  It's all stuff we know, but sometimes the reminder helps...thanks to them. 

The latest on bringing home Olivia (or is it Ruby??, Abigail likes Ruby...) ZiJing is this...as I mentioned, my prints got kicked out not once, but three times.  The FBI was good enough to write a letter stating what a great person I am and send it to my Social Worker, so that piece is done.  However, since it took so long (my hubby's prints were in on 6-1, breaks my heart), my son Jack will be 18 Monday.  THAT is a whole 'nother post...so, we had him get printed and the Social Worker ordered his child abuse clearance from our state.  His prints are in (his fathers son apparently) BUT now we are waiting for his clearance.  She ordered it a month ago...can you hear my fingers drumming on my desk?  I'd like to get this next phase completed by Friday, but its truly out of my control.  If you knew me, I don't like to not be IN control of something...sigh* 

Yes, all in God's time.


And I just threw this picture in because its one of my favs and I feel like sharin'. 

3 comments:

Melinda said...

Oh the pain of the waiting game and the bumps along the way! I hope that the fingerprinting part is behind you and you can move onto the next step of bringing "Olivia" or "Ruby" home~lol!

BTW I love both names! A friend named her daughter Ruby and Christian would have been an Olivia if "he" had been a "she"!

Wendy in OH said...

I emailed the state last night and she responded this a.m. that she pulled Jack's request, ran it and sent it out to Cherub. Squeaky wheel gets the grease!

Cheri said...

I'm with you...I like being in control. But, this process has a way of taking that away from you.

On another note, I like Ruby. Ivy would have been Ruby if Mike had allowed it. It was my grandmother's name. I just love the sound of it. I know tons of Olivias, but no Rubys..or is it Rubies?

Cute picture.

Post a Comment