Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Another First

My sweet sweet Abigail started Kindergarten today.

 Just typing this chokes me up.

 Yeah, I know, kids start school all the time, but...not MY girl. It just reminds me just how far she's come.

A year and a half ago, we couldn't get her to even go to Sunday School. 

She didn't want to leave our side, even for a minute.

 The stress, the tears...then, one day she did it.
 
And it was good.
So, we thought, let's try pre-school. 

She would have none of it.  The stress, the tears...

My girl is a control freak, by virtue of what she's risen from. 

But oh.baby. 

When she lets go, its so good. 

She LOVED pre-school.

 It was a huge step and she made a huge transformation. 

Out of her shell she came. 

So, the thought of starting Kindergarten was never an issue...for her.
She has gone from this beautiful child, in her referral picture back on Valentines Day 2007,



to THIS beautiful child, really full of confidence (most of the time) 


Hope she doesn't forget me too quickly!


No comments:

Post a Comment