Tuesday, September 21, 2010

They know us, right?

Since I started this blog to record our journey to ZiJing, might as well share.  There are many steps in this process of international adoption, none for the faint of heart.  Our thinking going in was that it would be "easier" this time since we did it before...they know us, right? 

Well, its been one frustration after another.  Our home study agency is slllloooowwww; we knew that too, but figured they know us, right?  We finally crossed that hurdle and sent our paperwork to our wonderful government agency, the Hague adoption unit of the United States Immigration office.  They work for us, right?  We are tax payers, right?  Well, our "case" was assigned to Officer Hence. 

We notified him immediately after we were successful with our fingerprint walkin (see previous post), so he could move us to the front of the line, because they know us, right?  He didn't return my call, so I called him the next day.  He needed some clarification on our marriage certificate, the embossed seal didn't show up {after almost 27 years, really???}.  I scanned and emailed him the same day so that was all good.last.Tuesday.  I called him Wednesday and he stated he had received it and would approve our paperwork as soon as he could "get it off his desk".  I was so stoked, two days for approval, right?  Because they know us! 

So, here it is Tuesday and no paperwork.  I decide to call him again, surely it was just a mail issue?  Let me tell you that my paperwork is still sitting on his desk, and when I asked if there was anything else he needed from us, he said no.  When I asked when he thought he might get to sending us the paperwork, he clearly stated "when he could get it off his desk". 

 I got off the phone and hid my face in hands and cried.  He knows me, right? 

1 comment:

Cheri said...

Oh, Wendy! I'd definitely make sure he knew me once I received my approval in the mail. I had a similar situation, sitting on someone's desk for 2 weeks. Oh, the frustrations! But, He knows you;)

Post a Comment