Monday, April 4, 2011

Adjustment

Many of you have asked how Abigail is adjusting to her sister.  She is actually doing better than I am!  She has kind of taken on the role of big sister, especially since she is a head taller than ZiJing.  She was very scared before we left home and when I asked her yesterday if she is still scared, she said no.  She has been very helpful and plays great.  ZiJing is catching on to our language very fast, not necessarily saying things but she is understanding.  What she does say, she says well.  She also has the high 5 down pat, thanks babe!  My adjusting has been harder and I can't explain it very well.  She's not a baby but she IS a baby in so many ways...tiny as can be, the language barrier makes it seem like she's a baby as well.  She tries very hard to make us happy, and is cute as a bug...so, I wish I could explain how I feel.  At the end of the day, I will say things are different but not THAT different and she is a doll. Can't wait to get her arm looked at, it will be an amazing change for her and what a difference that will be.  Children are a gift from God and this one is no different...


p.s. We are so ready to go home :(

3 comments:

Cheri said...

I just love the pictures. She is so adorable and your family is just so handsome!!

Enjoy your time in China. Enjoy your daughters' birth country. Sometimes when we are in a fog of emotions, excitement, we miss just enjoying the place we are, the sights, sounds, and smells. Looking back, there is so much that I wish I had done while in GUZ for 2 weeks. The tea for one thing!

eveboger said...

Wendy! I am so happy to see your sweet girl....she is precious! I hope you all get rest and catch up on sleep so you can just ENJOY each other before really getting back to the hustle and bustle here!
Praying for you!

Unknown said...

God is soooo good!!! I have been following your blog everyday & love reading your posts! Olivia is so beautiful & I can't wait to meet her! I am so happy that Abby is adjusting well at being big sister! I am not surprised. Abby is such a cutie.
Z ate an eyeball? Yikes!!!!!!!!!! Those boys!!! Always up for a dare!!
Thanks for keeping us updated. I think about you all the time!!! Love, Kendra

Post a Comment