Monday, April 11, 2011

Yesterday...

We went back to the medical place to have Olivia's TB test checked and she got the all clear.  That was a concern because if it was positive and then her XRay showed positive, we'd have been stuck waiting for a 30 day quarantine...well, thankfully that wasn't the case at all!  Then Connie, our guide, took us to the Pearl market and then the Jade market.  When we came over in 07, I had purchased some beautiful pearl strands for each of my kids, either for them or for their wives on their wedding day.  I needed to pick up another strand and accomplished that.  I could have had a strand of Mikimoto pearls for 1/3 of the price, but we didn't go THAT nice.  Bern helped me pick out a little pearl ring for myself and then we looked a jade.  Jade has three classes, A, B and C.  We can't tell the difference between them, but to the Chinese, Jade is like our diamonds.  I didn't find anything I needed as we shot that wad back in 07 too!  Then we all went to the Guangzhou Restaurant, where we had a traditional Cantonese lunch.  It was very good but not adventurous enough for Bern...By the time we did all that, dinner was an afterthought and the girls had cupOnoodles in the room!  We had Tsing Tao!  Yummo!

1 comment:

Brenda said...

Good news about the negative TB test! I think that test is causing all adoptiove parents a little extra stress just when you do not need it! I think the deals we all got at the Jade factory in 07 were the best! I could not find anything near as nice as I bought for the same price this past November as I did in o7. BUT I did get lots more pearls this past trip! I skipped the Pearl market in 07 due to hurting my foot at the park earlier in the day. I remember how disappointed I was so I made up for it this trip! Praying like crazy for you guys! My prayer is for a safe and uneventful journey my friend! Look how far you have come in two weeks! You are almost done! Woo Hoo! I bet you never wished so hard for jet lag before!

Post a Comment