Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Its Official!

Today we went back to the Civil Affairs office and went through the process to finalize our adoption of Miss Olivia ZiJing.  She is officially a Meighen poor thing!!!  We decided to get some noodle cups and have lunch in the room, yesterdays adventure has me a bit wary of new experiences.  No one has gotten sick yet though, however, Bern's sense of adventure is miles ahead of mine!  The girls continue to bond and it is very sweet to see.  To God be all the glory on this one.  She is a smarty pants too, for someone who is the size of a four year old.  She counts to 100+ in Mandarin and talks a mile a minute.  She says Abigail like a pro and just repeats the heck out of everything.  I keep waiting for the honeymoon to be over, but so far its been a cake walk.  To see her work a bow with her bad hand is literally amazing.  She has adapted VERY well.  The hard part is to be out in public and see the stares her own people give her.  Guess that explains why she was discarded as a baby...its disturbing and sad on so many levels. 

ANYWAY, we go to the police station later to pick up some official papers and tomorrow is her TB test.  Some touring is finally on the agenda, the Safari Park, a temple of some kind and also the pearl market to purchase Olivia a strand of pearls for her wedding some day.  We did this back in '07 when we came for Abigail for all three kids so I need one more strand.  We've done the standard purchases here on the island, dresses and such.  Still need to pick up a tea set to add to my collection...but I SWORE I wouldn't buy up the place like last time...really....I promise...

More pics to come tonight, seriously.

2 comments:

eveboger said...

COngratulations Wendy! I am glad things are going so well! No official word yet on the government shut down....hopefully it will not happen!

Hope you are all well..fish eyeball....yum....

Cheri said...

It was good to read this post! I cannot wait to see some more pictures. Olivia sounds like a sweetheart, as well as the Big Sister, Abigail! I sure wish that you all lived close by. I'd love to see the homecoming!

As for the stares...yes it is so difficult. I'm sure Olivia is oblivious to it all as she delights in having a family.

Post a Comment